Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ol' Raggedy's Expedition Into the 90's: Solo




The music I am posting today is not from the 60' or 70's. In fact, it's not even from the 80's! Don't let that scare you away, though. The songs may be from an album made in 1995 -- but the group could be straight from the 60's.
Of course, I didn't stick my neck out of my nice and cozy 70's corner to find these guys just because. Nope. It was ((Sawyer)) again, who made me curious. He sent me a video clip by Solo, the group I'm talking about.
These guys re-instituted the art of harmonizing (I talked about it in my Tavares post). The lead voice is reminiscent of Sam Cooke's, I think, and the music is a far cry from the usually horrible synthesized sound of the 80's and 90's. In short -- listening to Solo is a delight!

If you can, get their 1995 album Solo. It'll be a worthy addition to any soul collection. The group really showcases some fine acapella work on that album.




No comments: