Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Benny Johnson Album: "Visions of Paradise"




I couldn't find any info on Benny Johnson, and I would appreciate any input whatsoever. So, if there's someone out there who knows what happened to Benny Johnson or what he's doing nowadays, please let me know! (I doubt, however, that the visitors of this blog actually will say something someday! I'll keep hoping, though.)

Anyway ... Benny Johnson's voice reminds me of Bill Brandon's and on some tracks, he sounds a little like Al Green. Nevertheless, he definitely is an accomplished vocalist who knows how to use his own, very soulful voice without trying to imitate other singers.

Benny's Album, Visions of Paradise, from which today's two cuts are taken, originally was released in 1973. I like all the tracks on the album -- but I really love Give It Up, Please Come Back, Absolutely, Positively, Baby and the title track Visions of Paradise.

This album should have been a huge seller!

No comments: