Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Sweetest Reggae Voice Ever: Johnny Nash -- "Guava Jelly", "I Can See Clearly Now"

"Let's think about tomorrow/Our future's bright ..."



I remember listening to Johnny Nash's I Can See Clearly Now in 1974 when I had my driver's license for 7 or 8 months and was driving(speeding) around in my little Opel Kadett -- both windows down -- as fast as I could. And of course the music turned up as loud as possible. Reggae music, the wind in my hair: The freedom I felt back then was simply indescribable.  


I just love this YouTube Clip of Hold Me Tight
Times seemed to be as uncomplicated and simple as the production of this clip ... Shoop-shoop! The only thing that counted was the music and the joy it gave.



I Can See Clearly Now


Guava Jelly

No comments: