Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Soul That Reaches Deep, Deep Inside Us: Marvin Preyer: "What Can I Call My Own", Willie Hightower: "It's Too Late"

The minute I heard this guitar -- I was a goner. I don't know anything about this artist, nor have I ever heard him before or after I found this track. But I love me some good old-fashioned Deep Soul ... and that made the song a hit in my book.

Marvin Preyer: What Can I Call My Own


I found this Deep Soul collection that includes What Can I Call My Own.

Willie Hightower is definitely better known than Marvin Preyer. In this song it is the Hammod Organ I was instantly intrigued with. Of course, Willie's voice is not bad either ... 

Willie Hightower: It's Too Late


Here's a link to an earlier post about Willie Hightower.

No comments: