Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bobby Blue Bland, Allen Toussaint -- St. James Infirmary














  




Like always, the Texan summer is killing me. If I go outside during the day, I might end up in some infirmary  with a heat stroke or dehydrated or whatever. No matter what, I'd rather not go outside. Only good thing about staying inside for most of the day is that I get to listen to a whole lot of music ...
So, this afternoon I heard one of my all-time favorite Blues songs in a version I had not heard before. And what can I say? It blew me away. Allen Toussaint's St. James Infirmary is a piece of art. Although, I still love Bobby's take on it, Allen steals the show with his interpretation -- at least for now. Bobby's musicians are first-rate, and he sings the song like nobody else does. 

St. James Infirmary (The Bright Mississippi, 2009)

Bobby Blue Bland

No comments: