Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

ZZ Hill -- The Greatest Love

I admit I never knew this side of ZZ Hill. For the longest time I thought of him in terms of watered down Blues songs. Well, I just found a soft and silky Southern Soul piece by  him on the Kent Southern Soul Brothers album presenting Clay Hammond and ZZ Hill. I have listened to the song at least five times since I dug it out. I guess that means I really like it, and that's why I want to share it with you.
If you like Southern Soul, you should get the Cd -- and if you haven't heard of Clay Hammond yet, you're destined to discover an awesome vocalist in the best of Sam Cooke tradition. 



No comments: