Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Charles Bradley -- Lovin' You Baby

It was difficult to pick only one track from this fantastic album. Some of the songs are strongly reminiscent of the great James Brown, and I think neither the Menahan Street Band nor Charles Bradley is trying to hide this fact. The album is a monument to true music: horns, drums, guitars, hammond organ ...  And of course it showcases one of the few soulful voices that are left for us hardcore soul fans to admire. 

Yours old Raggedy strongly suggests to get this album; there is not one filler track among the 12 tracks on the album. Daptone has done it again. 

I am posting one of my instant favorites from the CD.

Charles Bradley and The Menahan Street Band, Lovin' You, Baby (Dunham Records, 2011)


Enjoy!  (Link fixed)

Bio (Also: In Why Is It So Hard, track 10, Charles Bradley sings about his life experience.) 

2 comments:

Soultaker said...

I'm really looking forward to this album. It will be the first music purchase of the year and a great way to start off.

Raggedy said...

Hey! I was thinking of you when I first listened to the tracks. This is your kind of music -- I know it.