Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Johnny Bristol -- A voice full of emotion!


I love Johnny Bristol's voice. He and Levi Stubbs seem to have emotion built into their voices. Even the most moving, urgent and expressive tune they present in a seemingly effortless way.
So, when I came across Bristol's Creme, Johnny Bristol's third album, I was not really surprised about the beautiful songs it contains. But I definitely became painfully aware of the great loss his death in 2004 constitutes.
Everyone who loves uncomplicated beauty should get this album.

If you listen to You Turned Me On, just give in to the playful guitar, the seductive saxophone, and, most of all, Johnny Bristol's charismatic voice.

Another title from the 1976 album I mentioned above: Do It To My Mind


More from Johnny on my blog.

No comments: