Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Johnny Adams -- I Owe You

Blues on Thursday  Blues on Thursday  Blues on Thursday

Room With A View Of The Blues, Rounder Records, 1990


This is an outstanding album in all aspects: first class musicians and the great Johnny Adams. Get this album! You will enjoy each and every note you hear. I got hooked right away. Being the guitar lover I am --  I was in guitar heaven when I first heard the intro to the song I'd like to share with you today. 

***

Duke Robillard (guitar); Bill "Foots" Samuel (alto, tenor & baritone saxophone); Alvin "Red" Tyler (tenor saxophone); Terry Tullos (trumpet, flugelhorn); Ernie Gautreau (valve trombone); Dr. John (keyboards), David Barard (bass); Herman Ernest III (drums).

Recorded at Southlake Recording Studio, Metairie, Louisiana in April & May 1987. Includes liner notes by John Morthland.

Personnel: Johnny Adams (vocals); Walter "Wolfman" Washington  (
CD Universe)

No comments: