Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Ain't That Loving You (For More Reasons Than One) -- Tad Robinson

Do I like this voice? Nope -- I love it. I never even knew about Tad Robinson's music until I found his version of Ain'tThat Loving You this morning. Tad actually has been around for a while, starting out with a group named The Hesitation Blues Band (I wonder where this name came from.) That was in the 80's when he attended Indiana University from whose school of music he graduated in 1980.
Of course, his music had to be pigeonholed by the oh-so-creative music writers as -- you guessed it -- blue eyed soul. I absolutely abhor the term! There is no such thing; all there is is SOUL. And Tad definitely got lots of it.

A New Point of View
Check out his albums here
!
Ain't That Loving You (A New Point of View, Severn 2007)

No comments: