Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Anthony White -- Love Grows Strong


When I heard Anthony White the first time, I just said "Oy!" How could I miss him? He definitely can sing. His voice  reminds me of Bill Brandon's and yes a tiny bit of David (My David) Ruffin's. In a nutshell: I love this guy's singing.
His 1976 album Could It Be Magic has some excellent material to offer.
His cover of  "Walk Away From Love," (Original by David Ruffin), however, must be considered an insult to the song to quote Sawyer's spontaneous reaction to the track I've sent him. He should never have entered the studio for this co-production with Paul Simpson! The only good thing on that entire recording was Anthony's fantastic voice. 

No comments: