Announcement

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit Sounds Of The Soul (3rd edition)here Go To Sounds Of The Soul's Third Edition!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Isley Bros. -- Lover's Eve


((Gua)) posted this video clip on the Generationsoul forum, asking for our opinions.

Here's what I said:
Who is she? She has a very beautiful voice in my opinion, but she ab-uses it as she does her lipstick. At times I didn't know if she was actually singing or if it was a vocoder (or such a thing) she used. Very weird ... As I said before, beautiful voice and very talented -- but no charisma (also no grace). Where are the Arethas, Gladys's, Anitas, Stephanies?
But -- I'm happy to see Ron appears to be doing fine.
I liked El DeBarge best; his delivery came closest to re-creating the magic of the Isley's.
The three tenors were disappointing, though.

And now, I'm going to listen to the REAL stuff.
 Sounds good

So, here is the real stuff I fled to: 


Love's Eye is from the Live It Up album (1974, Epic Records)

Some Isley's live footage

1 comment:

Stretch said...

The singer in the video you probably know by now is keyshia cole...very talented singer...one of the few out these day's...but she's no Ron Isley :-)